Music is important to Trav Becker, and to me. Each of us has a personal soundtrack of songs that conjure up a certain feeling, or time in our lives. Part of the fun of writing these novels was thinking about songs that have been important to me, and weaving them into Trav’s story.
You may have noticed that in Traitor, the chapter names are all song titles. Can you match the titles with the artists? Click here for the answers.
Here is the music mentioned in the Traveler books:
- “Travelin’ Prayer” from Piano Man – Billy Joel
- “Freddie The Freeloader” from Kind of Blue – Miles Davis
- “Take Five” from Time Out – Dave Brubeck
- “In The Court of the Crimson King” from In The Court of the Crimson King – King Crimson
- “Birdland” from Heavy Weather – Weather Report
- “Buffalo River Home” from Perfectly Good Guitar – John Hiatt.
- “Thunder Road” from Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
- “So What” from Kind of Blue – Miles Davis
- “Too Many Nights Too Long” from Rose of Cimarron – Poco
- “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)” from The Thin Red Line – Glass Tiger
- “I Shot The Sheriff” from 461 Ocean Boulevard – Eric Clapton
- “Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)” from Turnstiles – Billy Joel
- “Trains” from Famous Last Words – Al Stewart
- “In The Air Tonight” from Face Value – Phil Collins
- “O Fortuna” from Carmina Burana – London Symphony Orchestra
- “Heroes” from Heroes – David Bowie
- “God Only Knows” from Pet Sounds – The Beach Boys
- “Jungleland” from Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen