Music is important to Trav Becker, and to me. Each of us has a personal soundtrack of songs that conjure up a certain feeling, or time in our lives. Part of the fun of writing these novels was thinking about songs that have been important to me, and weaving them into Trav’s story.
Here is the music mentioned in the Traveler books:
- “Jungleland” from Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
- “Trains” from Famous Last Words – Al Stewart
- “In The Air Tonight” from Face Value – Phil Collins
- “O Fortuna” from Carmina Burana – London Symphony Orchestra
- “Heroes” from Heroes – David Bowie
- “God Only Knows” from Pet Sounds – The Beach Boys
- “So What,” from Kind of Blue – Miles Davis
- “I Shot The Sheriff,” from 461 Ocean Boulevard – Eric Clapton
- “Too Many Nights Too Long” from Rose of Cimarron – Poco
- “Buffalo River Home,” from Perfectly Good Guitar – John Hiatt.
- “Birdland,” from Heavy Weather – Weather Report
- “In The Court of the Crimson King,” from In The Court of the Crimson King – King Crimson
- “Thunder Road,” from Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
- “Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway,” from Turnstiles – Billy Joel
- “Take Five,” from Time Out – Dave Brubeck
- “Freddie The Freeloader,” from Kind of Blue – Miles Davis
- “Travelin’ Prayer,” from Piano Man – Billy Joel.
Below is a YouTube playlist of these, and some of Trav’s other favorite songs.